UT OLLI QUEST is a member-driven program offering an opportunity for lifelong learning in a university setting. As a diverse community of adult learners eager to share life experiences and participate in intellectual exchanges, UT OLLI QUEST members are invited to participate in the planning of the program’s lectures, seminars and social events, along with assistance and support from the UT OLLI program staff.
UT OLLI QUEST offers three six-week sessions a year that meet on Tuesdays, 3-6 p.m., for two lectures; and Thursdays, 1:30-5 p.m., for two seminars. Instructors include UT Austin faculty, scholars and local experts, in addition to our own UT OLLI QUEST members who have a particular interest in and knowledge of a myriad of topics.
Tuesday Lectures Schedule
- 3-4:15 p.m. – First lecture
- 4:15-4:45 p.m. – Coffee break in the TCC lobby
- 4:45-6 p.m. – Second lecture
Thursday Seminars Schedule
- 1:30-3 p.m. – First seminar
- 3-3:30 p.m. – Coffee break at Under the Oaks Café
- 3:30-5 p.m. – Second seminar
Prior to the start of each session, members have a choice of signing up for two seminars ranging in topic from science, history, politics and current events to the arts, religion and technology. Members are asked to indicate their first, second and third seminar preferences. Recent seminar topics have included:
- Circling Central Texas: History, Myths and Good Tales
- Into the Vast Unknown: Pacific Ocean Navigators
- Hot Topics: Critical Issues Facing the US
- Natural Disasters: Past, Present and Future
- Politics: Does Anybody Understand This Mess?
- There’s More to the Story: Islam and the World Today
All extracurricular activities are optional and require an additional, though nominal, cost. Independent special-interest groups (SIGs) are sometimes formed by members who decide to meet off-campus and outside regular program curriculum.
UT OLLI QUEST members enjoy happy hours at local venues following Thursday seminars—a great way to get to know fellow members. Also offered are day trips and excursions in Austin and Texas, as well as end-of-session socials.
UT OLLI QUEST membership fees are paid annually and include all costs and assessments with the exception of optional excursions and social functions.